For a few months I've given a lot more from me about my apartment search process. Yet it happened a lot. If I have not spoken publicly on a daily basis is that I was afraid that it prevents events from occurring. I do not know if it's superstition or if my fears were justified but now, I waited for the day I have reliable answers to tell you everything. And now that day has arrived.
One day in late March, while waiting for a real estate advisor to visit an apartment to Porte de la Chapelle, I received a phone call. It was the deputy mayor for housing in the 18th arrondissement. I did not understand right away why he called me. It reminded me of the difficulties of the town hall on housing, I told him I had seen many new homes social in the neighborhood, he explained that these homes are already earmarked for more than a year and that future tenants waiting for housing is delivered. At these words I was very afraid. This meant that if I passed in committee, I would not have housing for a year? No, he told me that our case was different, that it was an emergency and that our file was already passed in committee ... At this point, I do not know if my heart stopped beating a moment or accelerated but I was speechless. What I've been waiting so long had happened? Our dossier was passed in committee? I did not know what to say and I have not had the presence of mind to ask questions. I asked him if he still knew how long we could have an apartment but he could not tell me, it would take several months, but it would be fast ... When I hung up, the person I expected came to visit. I was really head to visit, I stayed very evasive to questions he asked me. The apartment was beautiful, well appointed, but in my mind was already elsewhere, I began to observe details Decorating, I was already projecting our future with us. I had a hurriedly called my close friends, my brother and my mother to tell them the news.
When my mother picked up, I could not tell him right away. I was too excited, I cried and could not speak, she waited patiently until I can finally tell him the object of my call. I had to warn Camille also because it upset all our plans. Before you decide to stop our search once and for all, she wanted to call the mayor to ask for more details on the time it would take and have the greatest possible safeguards.
I have spoken to my family because it was too vague. I had so many disappointments in the past that I would not rejoice too soon. After all, it was only a phone call, I had no concrete information, no official document that allowed me to shout from the rooftops the good news. In fact I was on my guard, especially during that time, there was still too much hassle. We were at the time Florie, I always had to find emergency solutions, I was torn at the same time by daily stress and maintained by the idea that the end of the galley was approaching. But after that first phone call, the silence has been long.
Two (long) months later I received another call. It was again the deputy mayor. This time he told me clearly that an apartment we were allocated a three-room in an old building completely rehabilitated the underground Red Castle, in the neighborhood of La Goutte d'Or. But we still had to go back to the board of our landlord. According to him, this is merely a formality and mid-June we could certainly move. I had many monitors to return my mail in my file on time. As his mobile number was posted, I taped, I tell myself it could be useful.
Again, I resolved to remain cautious and not to declare victory too soon. And indeed, over a month later I still had no news! I decided to call it. My file was lost, the Committee was postponed to early July. But apparently, it was always about the same dwelling. As I was worried and that he was asking lot of questions, he proposed calling the agency public housing for more information. Finally, it is they who reminded me that day. I was going to receive the file and I had to return it as quickly as they would not wait for the beginning of September we allocate housing. Luckily, me either!
Every day I waited for the mail forward, but nothing. I could not be quiet, I wanted an official confirmation. Then finally it happened. He had been sent five days ago and already I had to return it within eight days. It was Wednesday, I had to wait until tomorrow to request certificates from the school of Jules and my work (and these certificates all beasts, it was quite an odyssey to get them, I'll spare you the details ...). The next morning, a lady called me from the body, they waited for my case, I had to hurry to return. They had already received a folder, it only needed mine and another ... because a new disappointment awaited me: she told me that we had three families competing for the apartment! I told him of my astonishment, but she said in a tone that was the unpleasant DALO who wanted it, there was certainly a priority list but they were not required to comply. I heard exactly what she was saying, but suddenly I felt helpless, suddenly all my hopes crumbled.
I then remembered the deputy mayor to inform him of what the agent, but he reassured me. Despite his optimism, I could not help but panic and spent over ten days in anxiety. I could not sleep, stomach pain never left me. On Wednesday, the day of the commission, I called in the afternoon to get the result. She told me curtly that I had to wait for Friday response. But that evening, while I expected more, the assistant called me to reassure me.
After spending a year and a half without a home, there it is, of course, we would finally have a real apartment just for us! I have not managed to unpack everything at once, and I have yet to celebrate the news as it should. Until the end I was cautious, even suspicious, I have talked to hardly anyone, and I have been reassured that when I got the paper in the hands who invited me to visit the apartment so I say if I accepted (as if the question was "how could I refuse a roof that is long overdue?)
But I could not visit it right away because we were on a Friday and The next day I went down to Bordeaux to see my children, it was two weeks they were on holiday with their grandparents. When I announced the news to Jules, he shouted: "Great! We will have our bunks! "
Now I've seen, and I like it very much. I have an appointment tomorrow to sign the lease, do not tell you how much I'm eager and excited. We will move very quickly, and as soon as possible we will make a great housewarming where you are all invited! And finally we can get out the champagne! And I can thank you all, those who supported us, those who have accommodated those who helped us, those who have written. See you soon!
0 comments:
Post a Comment