I had the keys to the apartment on July 28. The same day we moved the business three places where they were stored since January 2008: 11th in a cellar, a garage in the 18th, and the living room of my friends P. and C. We were seven, then a big morning, we all moved. I was completely euphoric and everything went in the right mood. Then we had lunch together in an apartment in the middle of the cartons. Time I go to look for grilled skewers with Madiop and my brother, my friends had found the dishes and set the table. They had also installed across small trinkets that were already giving life to the apartment and made me immediately feel at home.
I had four days to reach me before the children south for a fortnight's holiday. But during these few days I have almost nothing. I was standing there staring at the board and I thought, 'Well, I must do it, "" Here there is also this, "but I was of no effect ... I do not sleep again I had no fridge, no stove, no hot water, no curtains ... More importantly I was like a dream, I could not believe it.
During the holidays, we're well rested with the children. We were at a friend who lives in Bayonne and we went to the beach every day, I really need to see the ocean. The children had a great time when the sea permitted and there was not too vague or bathroom. Then we spent a few days at my parents where we were family. But I had one idea in mind: to be back in Paris to put everything in place before the children do not come back: I made lists and plans, I ordered everything I could about the Internet to save time . On 15 August I returned alone to Paris to continue to develop the apartment. The children stayed another week with my mother, it was essential the house is livable for their return.
I went back to the task, but it took another four days to finally bring myself to sleep. I stayed all day in the apartment to work, and when evening came I shut the door and went to squat with friends who were away ... Everyone I carried along, every day someone asked me if I finally slept in my apartment ... I can not explain it, but it took me a while to get used to the idea that I had in me. Finally one day, I felt ready and I slept in my room. Now I no longer plans to move at all the night elsewhere!
is a really nice apartment. It has nothing to what we imagine a council flat, to share the rent. It is in an old building that was renovated. Everything has been redone with taste: the layout is smart, the walls are painted in three different colors, and there are lots of small details such as crude wooden benches under the windows, small shelves in the recesses of the kitchen, motifs painted in faience tiles of the fireplace ... Quite bourgeois! A friend who visited us even nicknamed me "The village of Chateau Rouge!
I am pleased by investing in beautiful beds for children, refrigerator, stove, curtains, lots of little things. Camille has once again been very generous, she gave us valuable furniture: a red sofa, two mattresses for children, a futon for me. I also inherited a table and five chairs of my grandfather. We have almost everything we need to live normally. I want my house to be beautiful and pleasant, but now I know that if I lost everything tomorrow would not be the end of the world. I did not have this distance before, I'm glad to have now. I think children, even if they are still small, have realized this too, and I hope it'll help to relativize the latest setback ...
Jules and Orpheus came with their grandmother a few days before school starts. I was eager to see their faces! I let them guess what building we lived, what floor, what door ... they were super excited. When I opened the door, they rushed inside and found their room immediately. It was really the only piece of any home furnished: there were their new bunk beds that were both dreaming Jules, curtains at the windows, carpets of color ... And above all their books and toys, waiting for a year and a half of being out of the cellar where they were sleeping .... A true child's room atmosphere as they never had, since for a year and a half we have lived with others, and before we shared the same room. It was really important to me that this piece is ready to return, I wanted them to be happy learn. And indeed, there they are immersed in such a cave of Ali Baba.
After a long moment, Jules pointed his nose into the kitchen to ask me where the toilets were. He realized he did not yet know the scene. So with his brother, they played to guess where the toilets were first, then my room was like a treasure hunt with "hot!", "Cold!", The children enjoyed open closets and delaying the time they have seen it all (the apartment is big enough, but we quickly made the turn!)
Then, as we are in a neighborhood with small shops, and also to mark the new stage in his life, I moved down to Julius buy rice from the grocer, Just across from us. He has seven years and was the first time he went out alone in the street. It was a little scared but he was so proud! He was accompanied from the window, he was very careful when crossing the street and out of the shop, he sent us a big smile, waving the packet of rice, he successfully completed his mission.
For their first night in their new home, I sat on a mattress on the floor in their room, I wanted to be near them. Jules took time to fall asleep. Orpheus instead fell asleep very easily, but at night he woke up several times and I ended up taking it with me. In the morning he knelt beside me and asked: "We are in the house that? . And when I told him it was our house, he had a big delighted smile.
following days, we kept moving. It's a little Christmas every day at home, because there are still cards to discard, and every day we discover new objects, books, toys, which we had completely forgotten about, it's a real pleasure ! There are things I do not even understand why I bother to pack and store them in the cellar ...
(There are also cases that have disappeared for various reasons. For example, when we moved in January 2008 where we had come this little anecdote: After removing the bulk of the apartment, we had a few stuff I wanted to keep with me in P. and C. in garbage bags. We finished later in the evening, and everything stored in the hallway, boxes, bags and a garbage bag with other cases. The next day, when I got home at night, I wanted to store and, surprise, he missed the trash bag: it was my mother who wanted well done had descended into the room ... dustbin. It was too late, the garbage collectors were already gone!)
And then there was the beginning of classes. This is the first year in kindergarten Orpheus, and it went very well. His two years in kindergarten parents have learned a lot about her life in community. Attend many different people and parents help children to socialize more easily, I think. In addition, two friends from the nursery are in the same class as him. It is also very nice for us parents, we find it. It is in the school that attended his brother before returning to elementary school. Jules meanwhile is now CE1. It has not changed schools. It takes ten minutes to get there by walking slowly, that's fine. I wanted them to go to schools they know, with their buddies, not to change everything at once. I feel that this year alone.
Generally, children were soon acquainted with their home, they have completely assimilated the new situation. It is true that they are accustomed to changing environments, they adapt well know ... Jules said sometimes he wanted to continue to live as "gypsies," he liked to go from apartment to apartment, discover new places, new toys, new pals, he was afraid of being short of this movement. I think now it has completely changed my mind! For now anyway! It is difficult to express the happiness we feel all three have finally finished our wanderings and put our suitcases. I remember that it is largely thanks to this blog, thanks to everyone who helped us, housed and encouraged that we hung on and we arrive today at the end of this story.
course I do not forget all those who have not had the chance we have and who remain homeless. There are so many families who live in Paris in deplorable conditions, without fixed accommodation, sometimes for very long, sometimes almost no income or undocumented ... I would like the mobilization that has worked for me also works for them, there is still much to do!
This post is probably one of the last ... I started this blog to tell our life in Paris homeless, he has no reason to be now that we arrived safely. I would like to thank again all those and all those who have followed the ups and down for over a year, and especially those who have written and supported. Together to celebrate the closing of the blog and the happy resolution of our adventure, I would like to invite you to our housewarming, October 10. Write me if you can come, I'll give you all the details! I embrace you all. Julie.
I had four days to reach me before the children south for a fortnight's holiday. But during these few days I have almost nothing. I was standing there staring at the board and I thought, 'Well, I must do it, "" Here there is also this, "but I was of no effect ... I do not sleep again I had no fridge, no stove, no hot water, no curtains ... More importantly I was like a dream, I could not believe it.
During the holidays, we're well rested with the children. We were at a friend who lives in Bayonne and we went to the beach every day, I really need to see the ocean. The children had a great time when the sea permitted and there was not too vague or bathroom. Then we spent a few days at my parents where we were family. But I had one idea in mind: to be back in Paris to put everything in place before the children do not come back: I made lists and plans, I ordered everything I could about the Internet to save time . On 15 August I returned alone to Paris to continue to develop the apartment. The children stayed another week with my mother, it was essential the house is livable for their return.
I went back to the task, but it took another four days to finally bring myself to sleep. I stayed all day in the apartment to work, and when evening came I shut the door and went to squat with friends who were away ... Everyone I carried along, every day someone asked me if I finally slept in my apartment ... I can not explain it, but it took me a while to get used to the idea that I had in me. Finally one day, I felt ready and I slept in my room. Now I no longer plans to move at all the night elsewhere!
is a really nice apartment. It has nothing to what we imagine a council flat, to share the rent. It is in an old building that was renovated. Everything has been redone with taste: the layout is smart, the walls are painted in three different colors, and there are lots of small details such as crude wooden benches under the windows, small shelves in the recesses of the kitchen, motifs painted in faience tiles of the fireplace ... Quite bourgeois! A friend who visited us even nicknamed me "The village of Chateau Rouge!
I am pleased by investing in beautiful beds for children, refrigerator, stove, curtains, lots of little things. Camille has once again been very generous, she gave us valuable furniture: a red sofa, two mattresses for children, a futon for me. I also inherited a table and five chairs of my grandfather. We have almost everything we need to live normally. I want my house to be beautiful and pleasant, but now I know that if I lost everything tomorrow would not be the end of the world. I did not have this distance before, I'm glad to have now. I think children, even if they are still small, have realized this too, and I hope it'll help to relativize the latest setback ...
Jules and Orpheus came with their grandmother a few days before school starts. I was eager to see their faces! I let them guess what building we lived, what floor, what door ... they were super excited. When I opened the door, they rushed inside and found their room immediately. It was really the only piece of any home furnished: there were their new bunk beds that were both dreaming Jules, curtains at the windows, carpets of color ... And above all their books and toys, waiting for a year and a half of being out of the cellar where they were sleeping .... A true child's room atmosphere as they never had, since for a year and a half we have lived with others, and before we shared the same room. It was really important to me that this piece is ready to return, I wanted them to be happy learn. And indeed, there they are immersed in such a cave of Ali Baba.
After a long moment, Jules pointed his nose into the kitchen to ask me where the toilets were. He realized he did not yet know the scene. So with his brother, they played to guess where the toilets were first, then my room was like a treasure hunt with "hot!", "Cold!", The children enjoyed open closets and delaying the time they have seen it all (the apartment is big enough, but we quickly made the turn!)
Then, as we are in a neighborhood with small shops, and also to mark the new stage in his life, I moved down to Julius buy rice from the grocer, Just across from us. He has seven years and was the first time he went out alone in the street. It was a little scared but he was so proud! He was accompanied from the window, he was very careful when crossing the street and out of the shop, he sent us a big smile, waving the packet of rice, he successfully completed his mission.
For their first night in their new home, I sat on a mattress on the floor in their room, I wanted to be near them. Jules took time to fall asleep. Orpheus instead fell asleep very easily, but at night he woke up several times and I ended up taking it with me. In the morning he knelt beside me and asked: "We are in the house that? . And when I told him it was our house, he had a big delighted smile.
following days, we kept moving. It's a little Christmas every day at home, because there are still cards to discard, and every day we discover new objects, books, toys, which we had completely forgotten about, it's a real pleasure ! There are things I do not even understand why I bother to pack and store them in the cellar ...
(There are also cases that have disappeared for various reasons. For example, when we moved in January 2008 where we had come this little anecdote: After removing the bulk of the apartment, we had a few stuff I wanted to keep with me in P. and C. in garbage bags. We finished later in the evening, and everything stored in the hallway, boxes, bags and a garbage bag with other cases. The next day, when I got home at night, I wanted to store and, surprise, he missed the trash bag: it was my mother who wanted well done had descended into the room ... dustbin. It was too late, the garbage collectors were already gone!)
And then there was the beginning of classes. This is the first year in kindergarten Orpheus, and it went very well. His two years in kindergarten parents have learned a lot about her life in community. Attend many different people and parents help children to socialize more easily, I think. In addition, two friends from the nursery are in the same class as him. It is also very nice for us parents, we find it. It is in the school that attended his brother before returning to elementary school. Jules meanwhile is now CE1. It has not changed schools. It takes ten minutes to get there by walking slowly, that's fine. I wanted them to go to schools they know, with their buddies, not to change everything at once. I feel that this year alone.
Generally, children were soon acquainted with their home, they have completely assimilated the new situation. It is true that they are accustomed to changing environments, they adapt well know ... Jules said sometimes he wanted to continue to live as "gypsies," he liked to go from apartment to apartment, discover new places, new toys, new pals, he was afraid of being short of this movement. I think now it has completely changed my mind! For now anyway! It is difficult to express the happiness we feel all three have finally finished our wanderings and put our suitcases. I remember that it is largely thanks to this blog, thanks to everyone who helped us, housed and encouraged that we hung on and we arrive today at the end of this story.
course I do not forget all those who have not had the chance we have and who remain homeless. There are so many families who live in Paris in deplorable conditions, without fixed accommodation, sometimes for very long, sometimes almost no income or undocumented ... I would like the mobilization that has worked for me also works for them, there is still much to do!
This post is probably one of the last ... I started this blog to tell our life in Paris homeless, he has no reason to be now that we arrived safely. I would like to thank again all those and all those who have followed the ups and down for over a year, and especially those who have written and supported. Together to celebrate the closing of the blog and the happy resolution of our adventure, I would like to invite you to our housewarming, October 10. Write me if you can come, I'll give you all the details! I embrace you all. Julie.
0 comments:
Post a Comment